Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Day Before...

Now the pressure is ON! We're "planning" on leaving between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. Friday morning to begin our journey to Wyoming and as our girls will attest, leaving on time for trips has not been an easy endeavor for us in the past. We still have so much to do... laundry, packing, getting the player gift for the exchange, etc.

And now poor Brenna has a wee toothache so we're squeezing in a dentist visit before we head out. Hopefully it's just a new tooth coming in but I wanted to be safe rather than dealing with a problem on the road.

We got a small camper shell for Dan's truck in anticipation that we'd be going on this trip. It will be interesting and I am anticipating that it will make things easier when we camp.

This is the "loosest" trip we've ever been on. I have booked a hotel in Cheyenne where the team is staying (and I'm not sure I booked enough days!) Other than that, we are just going to go and stay where things look interesting.

Alex is excited about us going through Las Vegas Friday morning ~ I'm not sure what she is expecting but Vegas on a July mid-morning is not very impressive. Just HOT! From Vegas we'll head towards Utah and I think Dan will want to take us to Zion National Park. I'm looking forward to that and anticipate us stopping somewhere in Utah for Friday night.

This week is Frontier Days in Cheyenne so that is why we are pushing to get there as soon as possible. I've mentioned this trip to a few people and several have been to this event and proclaimed it to be really fun, a 'must do'! So, if we're lucky we'll get there and get tickets to the Rodeo. Again, just taking things as they come and enjoying each and every experience!

So, I'll do my best to update this daily and post pictures. I'd love it if you added comments so we can hear from you!


1 comment:

slabounty said...

Cool! Hope you guys have a great trip and Alex's team does well.

Scott